Get Help Moving
Moving doesn’t have to be stressful. If you are concerned with the quality of service you might get from the average moving company, you will be relieved to know that Action Enterprizes is fully licensed and insured and has a reputation for sending well-trained professionals movers who will arrive on time and handle all your belongings with care. The level of service we provide is among the highest in moving and relocation industry.
Here’s why we stand out from the rest.
We provide local moving in Philadelphia and surrounding areas.
- All furniture is quit-pad wrapped at no extra cost.
- Furniture disassembled will be reassembled in new home.
- We do not require all drawers to be emptied.
- Courteous & quality trained personnel.
- Quality service at low prices.
- Complete packing & unpacking services offered.
- Expect the best with satisfaction guarantee.
Whether you moving a three bedroom house or a third-floor apartment. We’ve got you covered, with our professional pad wrapping techniques, your belongings are guaranteed to arrive safely and without harm. We enjoy taking care of our valued customers property as if it was our own.
Moving Tip 1 on 1
AN ORGANIZED MOVING DAY IS GREAT
Below you will find tips and helpful moving resources we’ve assembled to help you best plan and prepare for your big day!
THE ART AND SCIENCE OF A SUCCESSFUL MOVE
PREPARING FOR YOUR MOVE
- De-clutter – donate or discard unwanted items. Consider donating gently used items to a charitable organization, they often they provide complimentary pickup services to help make de-cluttering easy and hassle free.
- Prepare an inventory of the items to be moved
- Arrange supply pick-up and delivery
- Complete a change of address with your local post office
- Transfer your insurance records
- If you have children, notify their school of your big move and make arrangements to have transcripts transferred (if necessary)
- Order address labels, stationary and new bank checks for your new home
- Notify utility companies that you will be changing your service location. It is best to do this early, as appointments can be set weeks out!
One Week Before You Move
- Designate a dresser drawer for bedding and towels. This ensures you don’t get stuck rummaging through boxes to find essential items the first night in your new home
- If you haven’t already, change your mailing address with your local post office.
- Stage packed boxes near the entry way of the home, this will make loading quick and easy, reducing the total time it takes to complete your move.
One Day Before You Move
- Prepare any mowers, snow blowers, boats, and snowmobiles for the move by draining gasoline and oil.
- Moving makes pets anxious too! Keep your pet calm by removing them from the hustle and bustle of moving day. Arrange for a friend to watch your furry friend on move day.
A STARTER BOX
A starter box is a moving box for the things you will need immediately or once you get to the new property. Most people forget to make a starter box. It should be the first box unpacked and the contents are the things you would need right away like a hammer, screwdrivers, nails and screws to hang pictures, toilet paper, medication and anything else that you will need like a remote for your TV. This box is best known as a bear necessities box. So when you move you know what you will need right away at your new home.
PACKING DISHES AND RECORDS
The best way to pack dishes and records is vertical. Straight up and down and not flat or on top of one another. If any damage occurs it is less likely to affect the other stacked around it.
NOTE: Never wrap lamp shades or China in newspapers the ink can ruin or soil the items. Also, AE suggests that you keep lamp shades with you when you move as unless they are boxed they are easy to damage.
PACK HEAVY SMALL AND LIGHT LARGE
When choosing boxes and packing methods for moving. Light item in large boxes and heavy items in small boxes works best.
PROTECT YOUR VALUABLES AND MEMORIES
The key here is to make sure your most valuable possessions are always with you. Expensive jewelry, cameras, old coins and precious memories should remain with you and not your mover. Here is a short list of the ideal items to pack in an “Important Box”.
- Children’s Health Records
- Insurance Information
- Photo Albums
- Birth Certificates
- Social Security Cards
- Stocks, Bonds, and Will
TRY NOT TO MIX AND MATCH
Placing items from one room into a box then another room into a box to fill space is tempting but will be time-consuming when it comes to unpacking. Instead, use towels or moving paper to fill those voids as loosely packed boxes can lead to damage.
RELAX AND ENJOY THE HELP
Leave the stress and the tough parts to our movers and moving specialists and be sure to get a good nights rest before your big moving day.
Local Moving Services
Local moves are within 50 miles and our charges are based on the number of workers and hours required for loading and moving and unloading. No matter how large or small your move we can help. Action Enterprizes is happy to provide free estimates this can be accomplished by contacting our office staff or by clicking on our websites Moving Estimate tab and filling out the information.
An estimate is exactly that an estimate. it is extremely important to be as accurate as possible. The accuracy of any given estimate depends upon the accuracy of the information submitted. Various elements which are fractured into the estimate are:
- Quality of furniture and number of boxes.
- Sizes and weight of items.
- Type of load and unload locations( house, townhouse, apartment, storage facility, etc)
- Number of floor levels.
- Walking distance to entries at both locations.
- Mileage distance between the load and unload locations.
Private Moving Services
Are you dealing with a sensitive situation where you need a little extra help? Does your upcoming move need to be conducted with discretion in a timely manner?
Action Enterprizes is ready to assist you, give our office a call and speak with our office assistants. We are sensitive to awkward and difficult situation and will move you as privately as possible to avoid attention. Be sure to ask about our packing services, for help with being prepared for your move.
Professional Packing Services
Packing an entire home or office can be overwhelming, that’s why Action Enterprizes movers offers a complete packing services as well as a full line of packing materials. We are equipped to assist you no matter how big or small the job. We know that packing isn’t about items in boxes, it is about how you wrap and place them in boxes.
With Action Enterprizes movers doing the packing, you can rely on each item being individually wrapped property and placed in a box in such a manner so it can be transported with the least amount of disturbance possible.
Self Packing Tips & Advice:
If you decide to do your own packing, below are some helpful tips to assist you.
- Have a packing plan so you can stay on schedule.
- Concentrate on one room or area at a time. Sort through your items as you are packing. This is a great opportunity to a garage sale or donate unused items to a local charity.
- Be prepared with the proper packing material.
- Various sizes of strong, corrugated boxes with lids ( be cautious of discarded grocery or liquor store boxes, insect can travel in food boxes)
- Gummed packing tape ( better than masking tape)
- Plenty of “filling” material (such as peanuts, bubble wrap, and packing paper, remember that newspaper may have ink that can rub off and stain).
- Markers to label boxes.
- Be sure to mark all containers notating the room it is going into.
- Place heavier items in smaller size boxes.
- When packing multiple items in the same carton, place the heavier pieces in the bottom and lighter items on top.
- We recommend that you handle high-value items such as furs, jewelry, precious, stones or metal, important personal documents, valuable, collections, stocks/bonds, cash, car keys and laptop computer.
- We do not move hazardous items, cleaning supplies, solvents, paint, pesticides, aerosol cans, flammable, ammunition, or alcohol.
- One careful consideration regarding packing, it should be noted that if the box itself is not damaged, the moving company is not responsible for damaged items which they did not pack. For quick efficient packing and the safety of your items, give Action Enterprizes a call, it would be a pleasure to serve you.
Office and Commercial Moving Services
Moving an office or any business can be complicated and sometimes a bit nerve-racking. Hiring the best professional moving company will certainly reduce stress and have a positive impact on your company. Action Enterprizes movers are happy to provide a free, no obligation estimate for the move, while also offering helpful suggestions because we recognize the importance of a seamless transition.
Our professional crews will carefully label the office items and will work diligently to accomplish the move as quickly as possible. Action Enterprizes movers are fully licensed and insured, ready to provide any necessary documentation. Moving an entire office to a new location can be a major headache, especially if you don’t have the manpower, expertise, and the right tools for the job. To take the strain off, you should consider hiring the services of a professional moving company such as Action Enterprizes to ensure a 100% stress-free move.
Get a Quote Today.
Why Choose us?
- Action Enterprizes provides a free, no obligation estimate and giving you a contract to review so you know exactly how much the move will cost you. It also provides flexible and affordable packages that are designed to meet your needs.
- Our company is fully licensed, bonded and insured, and only employs the best packers and movers in the business.
- It has all the right tools and equipment that are specifically designed to meet the demands of moving the contents of commercial office or warehouse.
When moving an office to a new location, every minute counts. Since you will not be making any money when you and your employees are not working, you need to complete the move in a little time as possible. And this is precisely why you need to seek the help of the pros, let us help you move your office without a fuss and in the least time possible.
Call us today at 610-476-3200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how we can be of help.
Change of Address
The process of changing your address is simple and since it will most likely not be the last time you will do it in your lifetime, you may as well learn how to do it now. Here are some tips to follow to help make changing your address as simple as possible.
Remind Yourself to Do It!
In the chaos of packing and moving, it can be easy to forget to change your address. Make sure you set reminders on your phone or on your calendar so it gets done. Ideally, you will want to request the change of address before you actually move so you don’t miss a beat.
Make Sure You Have the Right Address
If you will be living at a dorm, make sure you know the exact address. It could be that your school has its own mail distribution system and that the actual, physical address of your dorm is not relevant. Be sure to ask around and know exactly what address you need to change to
U.S. Postal Service
The logical place to go when it comes to changing your mailing address is the U.S. Postal Service. As you fill out the forms to change your address, you may notice that you are asked whether you want to file a permanent or temporary COA. A temporary COA allows you to have mail sent to your new address during specified periods of time up to 6 months. If you know you will be spending your time away from college at your home address, a temporary COA may be a good choice.
By Phone, By the Internet, By Form
There are a few different ways that you can complete a change of address through the U.S. Postal Service. You can submit changes via the Internet, which requires a $1 verification fee to ensure the change is legitimate. You can also call 1-800-ASK-USPS to change your address by phone. Most people typically fill out Form 3575 at their local post office when the time is right.
Convenient Services & Check List
We can assist with some minor details to help your move in becoming much smoother and painless as possible.
Move-Out/Move-In Cleaning Service:
We can provide maids to clean old home or get your new home spotless. Our professional team will bring all cleaning products and vacuum with f1 HEPA filters that trap 99% of dust, allergens, and pollutants. Our maids will provide 100% satisfaction guarantee.
Home Electronics Disassembly / Assembly:
Our team of experts will help with your computers networks or home theater system. Disconnecting or reconnecting your professional computer and wireless network will put you back online before you know it. our team can disassemble or set up your wall or stand mount for entertainer center, and you will have little down time missing your favorite shows.
After you unpack we can pick up the empty boxes and extra materials and dispose or recycle them for you.
That way they aren’t taking up space or attracting unwanted attention.
- Subject to additional terms and conditions before service is rendered.
- Subject to additional terms and conditions limitations may base on service areas.
- All services may be changes at any time and are subject to additional cost.
- Any requested service must be notified in 72 hours in advance.
Donate Unwanted Items
While preparing for your move you will probably find that you have many items you do not want to bring to your new home. Reducing the volume of belongings that your moving company needs to load and deliver will result in a move that takes less time and less money to complete.
Consider donating your belongings to any of these worthy organizations. These organizations will be thrilled to have your household and furniture donations and, if arrangements are made in advance, many will even pick up items up at your home, saving you a trip to their drop off location ( s ).